02 Jun Competition is a GOOD Thing
Your small businesses can profitably coexist with the “big box” stores!
Do you think small businesses can’t compete with big-box stores?
Do you think the low prices and huge marketing budgets of big box stores are insurmountable obstacles?
If so, it’s time to change your thinking.
You probably aren’t going to compete on price alone, so don’t try. Take these approaches instead:
- Service and experience will set you apart and keep your customers coming back.
- Emphasize your brand’s uniqueness. You don’t need to be famous – it’s more important to be ‘relatable’
- Have a well-designed, easy-to-use ecommerce website that is optimized for mobile browsing and shopping.
- Networking is important. Along with your local chamber and networking groups, a small business should also plan it’s social media reach.
- Adding value to a product or service helps companies attract more customers, which can boost revenue. This can mean offering features, support or add-ons to a product that gives it a greater perception of value to your customers.
- Along with unique product offerings, the service and customer service experience you offer to your customers can help you compete with the impersonal big box stores.
One small request…
If you found this information helpful, please consider sharing it on your favorite social media platform.
It will make my day! ~ Thank you.